Thursday, April 15, 2010

Equipment


I've often said I wanted an utility belt for all the gadgets ghost hunting requires. Staples include: flashlights, digital cameras, EMFs, gausses, extra batteries, night vision cameras, thermometers, and as of late, G-pods( a rip off of frank stumpton's Frank's box) Although we all want a thermal imaging camera, they are few and far between. And really if you think about it, that's not true proof of the paranormal. In fact, nothing is really set in stone when you talk about the paranormal. Ghost business is a see it to believe it business. Unless a spirit manifests, kisses you on the mouth, and steals your wallet, most people will call you nuts. Maybe we all are. Many times in the field, I've wondered, did something really just touch my hair? Did I really see that? Most times 'debunking' or figuring out what caused formally unknown phenomena, surrenders mundane results. It's the air conditioner turning off and on that makes those steps, or the wall had structural fatigue so we need to check the screws to see if they need a nap? More tools!

What?

I believe most of all this ghost business is in our minds. IF you expect a ghost you'll wait on them to arrive. And no you probably left your keys on the table, even though "that's where you never put them".

But, I am a true believer that ghosts and paranormal activity does exist, and you need equipment to prove it, to the believers. Man made equipment does fail from time to time. It may give wrong readings or you're reading it wrong. But I put much more faith in an EMF than I do a psychic. Which, don't get me wrong, I do believe there are some psychics that are true and all that jazz, but as far as bringing them on an investigation, you might as well leave them at home with the oujia board.

The equipment I suggest (and trust):

Flashlight
Digital Camera*
Quality EMF
Laserpointing Thermometers



*Although you can take shots that 'produce ghosts yourself, seeing is believing and occasionally you can run into something great. Like the Amintyville Horror ghost boy. You can use disposable cameras. The legends over at theshadowlands.net suggest these but they can get expensive and there's really no way to prove nothing got tampered with in the delevoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment